Symptoms of Copper Deficiency
- Marginal chlorosis of young leaves
- Twig dieback
- Necrotic, brown spots over leaf surface
- Reduced growth and yields.
- Chlorophyll production
- Production of proteins
- Involved in several enzyme systems
- Oxidation reduction reactions
- Formation of lignin
- Water movement regulation
- Seed production
Apply Copper onto crops subject to excess Nitrogen or Phosphorus; crops grown on high pH or heavily limed soils; crops grown on peat or muck soils with high organic matter; crops grown on leached out acid soils or sand; or when the conditions are cold and wet in the spring, delaying the availability of Cu. Soils high in Manganese content can reduce the availability of Cu.